Thursday, July 12, 2012

Flea Market Finds...

So within the past two weeks, I've gone to two different flea markets. Rice's Flea Market is chock full of complete randomness. From the seller of shaving cream and razors, to the twenty-something plus knock-off bag and sunglasses vendors, it can seem kind of chaotic and not the most genuine of places to find that vintage something you've always been looking for. There are plenty of gems if you search, as always. I was beyond pleased with my loot.





The first find was the Def Leppard record. I'm constantly scanning record vendors for a good find, but between jazzersize records and twangy country records, there's never much success. Then I stumbled upon a vendor that had a small box of records, and a crate of old video games (e.g. Gamecube games, Gameboy games, a Gameboy console...). It was heavenly. The records were had me written all over them. It's so hard to find old hair metal records when you live in the middle of nowhere and the nearest record exchange is an hour away. Needless to say I picked up the DefLeppard record and was on my way. Ever since seeing Rock of Ages, my metal kick has been pretty intense...

The beaded collar has been on my watch list for ages. I love collars, but it's hard when the only ones I see and like are pricey as hell. This collar has amazing quality feel to it. It is so gorgeous. Find that at a department store and pay much much more than the twenty five I paid.

The nail polish there isn't much to say about. It's... nail polish. I didn't have any black polish, so it only made sense. It's a basic color, and a great base color for white polka dots.



The Golden Nugget I've always wanted to go to ever since I drove past it when I was little. I read an article in my Lucky magazine sometime last year, and it was in the piece as one of the best flea markets in America. It's so close to my home, I needed to make the trip. With Lindsey by my side, we trekked in our sandals up and down each dusty row, the blazing sun burning our backs. There was a lot of jewelry. It all seemed vintage, a positive sign. Antiques were everywhere as well. I am constantly looking for new antique tea cups and dishware to store jewelry in, and this place was more than just well stocked. I ended up with this great vintage sweater, right out of some eighties film. 

Rock on, 

4 comments:

  1. The sweater!! Looks good girl xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I should be on FreshPrince... and I wouldn't have it any other way !

      Delete
  2. I love black nail polish, such a perfect look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that I never had any. My next black beauty item is some black lipstick, crazy I know.

      Delete