Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Effect After Sun Lotion and Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen Review

             
Images courtesy of Google.

A few weeks ago, the boy and I went to the Bamboozle. We saw Jimmy Eat World, My Chemical Romance, The Foo Fighters, among others. It was a really fun time relaxing on the beach and watching some awesome bands. I digress. 

While I was there, the Hawaiian Tropic kiosk proceeded to dump a ton of samples of sunscreen and after sun lotion into my hands. Me, being a sample/freebie junkie, gladly accepted the pile. I had made my score of loot for the night :)

I grabbed the samples of sun screen (yellow bottle) and headed to the beach with a friend a few days later. It was easy to apply, not too thin, not too creamy. What I really enjoyed was the scent. It smelt truly.. tropic. I lathered it on and was good to go. 

Of course, I personally cannot go to the beach without burning a bit here and there, so I put the after sun lotion to use as well. I don't think you have to be burned to use the after sun lotion, but I always make sure to use something, the best always being aloe. This after sun lotion made me feel pampered if anything. It didn't leave a shimmer on my legs, as much as they just had a glowing sheen, if that makes any sense. The smell was brilliant. Coconut papaya is a great combination, again keeping with that tropical theme. If the lotion had my aloe in it, I'd be sold. 

Worth buying ? If I was in the market for a sun screen, perhaps. It smelt really nice and the bottles are quite pretty. The after sun also smelt amazing as I said, and would be a nice addition to my CVS Aloe After Sun.

Stay safe out in those rays ! Apply and apply again !

2 comments: